Teach me your ways, OH LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I will fear your name.

Psalm 86:11

I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white in age. I made you, and I will care for you. I willI will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4




Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.... Psalm 127:5


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6




Friday, March 16, 2012

My cup is full

We jokingly call Lorelei "henny".

Simply because her aspirations to "mother" her sibling sometimes even end in her harming them-- but she must have her hand in everything they do... Or comment on it... Or yank the hair brush from your hand because you aren't doing it right... Or throw your shoe across the room because it isn't the pair she chose for you to wear.

She is a constant adventure! You never know what mood she will be in or where she like you on any given day until she has given you her instructions for your day. Needless to know the drill sergeant in me and this precious child of mine clash A LOT!

Recently this daughter of mine proclaimed to Joel that when she grows up she wants nothing more than to be a mommy. He asked her again on a night when I was home and she beamed at me with delight and again announced "I want to be a mommy"!!!

Tonight after a miserable sleep study I came home to find every one I bed, joel sleeping- the kids laying in their beds and watching tv. Lorelei had a little Logan sleeping in the crook of her arm and she whispered to me.. "I scooped him up and snuggled him to sleep, I will just hold him tonight while daddy rests". I moved Logan to his bed and kissed them each goodnight. As I ran dishes and started laundry I thanked God for my sweet girl. She has faults and attitude and Lordy does she push my buttons. She also loves with her whole heart. When she carries Logan down my wooden stairs it is to help me and save me steps not to scare me to death.

When Joel stumbled out of our room tonight worried I hadn't made it home he found me amidst a mountain of laundry that needed to be folded. He inquired about my night and asked why I wasn't in bed. My response? I am basking in being a mommy. Folding laundry and dishes isnt the most glorious part of my job but it gives me time to reflect on each of them. I shared the story of how I found Lorelei And logan when I got home and he smiled and said all she wants Is too be a mommy. I said I think she will be a pretty darn good one!

His response... "because she has a good example"

I said what does that mean?

He made some awkward face and said "you are a good mommy, and she wants to be just like you"

Then he stumbled back to bed and has no idea that I am still sitting her basking in that moment. That moment that will carry me for weeks. At this rate i may be folding laundry until I go to work in the morning just never wanting this moment to end :)

1 comment:

  1. Nicki, A beautiful reminder of how important mothering is! And I agree with Lorelei- what better mission in life to aspire to? Thank you for the reminder that the less glorious jobs are part of the privelege God has given in loving these very special people he's placed in our lives--and hearts!I agree with Joel, sweet Lady L has a great example! Hugs and love to you!(And Happy travels, too!)

    ReplyDelete