Teach me your ways, OH LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I will fear your name.

Psalm 86:11

I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white in age. I made you, and I will care for you. I willI will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4




Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.... Psalm 127:5


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, June 17, 2013

catching up

summer has nearly killed me and we are only half way in.  I often forget how much my kids ride each others nerves and how much that rides my nerves!

The girls did cheer camp, are scheduled to do horse back riding camp and church camp still this summer. My dad came for a week and Grampa from way far away is coming for a month. We are desperately trying to stay busy but there is no way to run our household gone all the time! Different chores had to be allocated, rooms were moved around hoping to offer "peace" to all involved....

Then amidst it all we found the terrible twos, almost threes... Well hello unwelcome guest! Didn't' I mention all we were planning this summer? That our far-away-Grampa is coming? No, really we have plenty going on-- we don't have room for extra guests right now!

I purchased a magic bullet hoping to hide the formula under a concoction, Logan drank them for a few days and then my Luke that wont eat strawberries because they have seeds--- LOVES smoothies... lol imagine that

I tried to make puree a little thicker so I could sneak milk in a pouch, and that worked for a minute. I added honey and non dairy ice cream, I added cocoa powder which I now know is actually bitter. Then... I added cocoa syrup. if you read the bottle there are risks of possible "contact contaminants" and that could be scary. Logan however is "sensitive" to these things not actually allergic by diagnosis... so the cost of not having the milk is worse than the risk of reaction. Many of you were just frustrated that I broke some sort of rule, but really the benefits far out way the risks.

NO doctors appointments this summer simply to give his body a chance to react to the formula and get a fair chance to "gain if we are gonna". Endo results were all negative. Disappointed isn't really a fair description, but I would have loved for something to jump of a page to figure out how to help him.  No tumor, no thyroid issue,  no vitamin deficiencies, and I am assuming none of the other things either... My results call was very short and sweet. " just wanted to let you know the results of Logan's test were all negative." ME: No tumor? "no ma'am everything was just fine...." ME: okay.. thank you ...

Those calls aren't supposed to be long and long calls would mean results that I might not be really ready to hear. But either way we are still praying for clarity. My peace remains that God is not finished teacheng us through this turkey boy just yet... he was born on thanksgiving btw so he has been a turkey from the beginning...

Lexi  has become obsessed with her chore .... I decided to change the subject right there... no pretty transition... She has the laundry as her Cinderella-esk duty. Its quite comical because she pulls her hair up but is going through the trying to be trendy with my hair thing and pulls her bangs down next to her eyes and I swear they stick to her head.... I HATE it but she looks like an orphan so the drama and stomping are so very appropriate. Having a digital washer with options I didn't have as a kid learning to do laundry makes her task,, just awful. "Mom, someone changed the normal cycle to warm/cold instead of cold/cold... what am I supposed to do??????" Lexi, does it have a cold/cold button you could push?... "wellllll, yea. But what if that messes something else up? maybe you should just do it so I don't mess anything up." touché my young child, I too used that line....it aint working!

Lorelei mothers our plant life. We are growing tomatoes and beans along with "just pretty" plants too. She talks to them and waters them and sweeps the front porch. The little slimy creatures that live on the front porch fascinate her (me too) and so she talks about them and to them and we talk about how we like them because they EAT BUGS! She got twin babies for her birthday so sometimes she will push them in her stroller out there to watch her "garden" hehehehehe she is such a mommy. With her new room we have noticed a few things about her that help us to "get" her better tho. When she lines her shoes up they are perfectly symmetrical down the middle of her floor, in color order. The babies are placed in their bed at night and the blanket has to be just so. The bathroom door has to be exactly half way open at bed time.... all of these things are mentioned in possible social disorders but you know what works? Her space helps a good bit. No one else is bothered by her little quirks when it is just her space. And the plants love her need for schedule and stern direction... getting watered twice a day is great for them... plus the outside time when everyone else is in inside is good for her soul.  I am having to learn that with her there are times for me to take control and times to give options... she teaches me daily... and our heels might both dig in pretty deep, so its a process for us together.

Luke, Luke, Luke... that boy gives me a run for my money. Literally. He hammered a screw into the wall over my bed, and pours water from a fancy tea pot on his sisters beds regularly. His smooches on this momma, are the best around though. The boys have started to really bond too. Being in the middle Luke and Lorelei are very close. They are most definitely partners in crime, but Logan is figuring out how to get in on some of that... heaven help us. Trouble suits sweet lukie most days and there is a worn out spot on my carpet paired with a greasy spot on the wall... his stays in the thinking spot are not few... but a guys' gotta learn howda think, right?! The boy can get me to giggle like no one else around and he knows my soft spot is that red hair... but yuke... luke is a busy little boy that keeps me exhausted...

The girls keep my mind just as tired as the boys keep my feet! There are more tweenage tendencies than I would care to list at my house now! We are going for a tv free summer for those under ten and there is a reading list on the wall and a dollar a book pay out.... we must reign in our attitudes and lying tongues. Dial soap and vinegar are my best friends right now.

NOW HEAR THIS! I AM THE MOMMA AND I WILL FIND OUT!

Prayers for traveling mercies would be appreciated and for our daddy who will be alone only a few hours before grandpa comes for Golfing and grown up fun!

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV






 




2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Nickie! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete