Teach me your ways, OH LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I will fear your name.

Psalm 86:11

I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white in age. I made you, and I will care for you. I willI will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4




Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.... Psalm 127:5


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, August 8, 2011

Readiness?

I have taught in a preschool setting, and even had a few Chinese fire drills in my day. That considered when there was a risk of a tornado hitting my city i had nothing! We recently had a water system installed in our counter-top so we drink from there-- eliminating the need for bottled water. Batteries are what i see as a source of power to really annoying toys. So we have what we need for remote controls and that's about it. Heck i was just told that my car battery has corrosion for goodness sake! My family of six rarely leaves left overs, so we don't exactly have food just hanging out either.

Joel and I had to quickly go over where we would go if a tornado actually hit and instructed the kids not to ask question , just to go! Which, you know, opened up the door to ask a billion questions! Drama queen melted down, Sister insisted on bossing everyone around about what they were allowed to bring to the special spot, and bubba... he just refused to move-- anywhere. He protested that he needed to be in the rain playing!

After this lovely-thankfully short lived- adventure it occurs to me that we need to have a plan in place for all the possible disaster situations. So i guess that is my task for tomorrow?

Nope because half way thru this blog my before mentioned "spiderman like son" tripped and fell down the bunk bed stairs. You know the bunk bed that has stairs instead of a ladder because its safer. Sigh he has a good black eye and some bumps and bruises else wear. So tomorrow i watch a boy for signs of a concussion.... disaster plans will have to wait just one more day....

just a commical photo from today to share :)
he WAS wearing underwear....

No comments:

Post a Comment