Teach me your ways, OH LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I will fear your name.

Psalm 86:11

I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white in age. I made you, and I will care for you. I willI will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4




Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.... Psalm 127:5


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6




Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I WILL SURVIVE!

I have survived the first day of Kindergarten!

Several posts ago I was really not sure how i would handle this big day, and was not not quite sure i wanted Lexi in public school at all. After a month on the road and seeing friends that she misses terribly, she was longing for this day. Openly requesting friends--- I longed for this day with her.

My mom drove up last night, so that Joel and I could take Lexi to school all by herself. She was as excited about one on one time with us as she was about going to school. IN my house riding in daddy's car is rare. For obvious reasons the kids are almost never in the Honda-- so her request this morning was to ride in daddy's car to school. Beaming with pride because his car is "fast and cool", he strapped her in and off we went.

Walking down the hall in her purple top, denim leggings and silver sequined belt with coordinating silver shoes, she clung to our hands. Outgoing is almost an understatement for Lex-- but today she was plum stone faced. Entering the classroom was uncomfortable and tough. She hugged me and then daddy... enter water works. I didn't shed a tear, but that "daddy hug" got to her. The teacher assured us it would be short lived and so we left knowing she would be fine.

I asked Joel if he wanted to take me to breakfast and he laughed and said all i have time for is McDonald's! So i excitedly agreed to a kid free breakfast with my hunny!

Mom and I caught up on some things around the house and then the time came to pick up big sister from school. Luke wandered around several times saying "less less cool?" it was neat to me to see that he missed her. Lorelei was a totally different child today. The element of competition was eliminated and she really enjoyed stepping into the big sister role.

Climbing into the car Lexi could stop chattering. Telling us all about each thing. Rest time, lunch, what she ate at snack, and so on and so on.  As the evening progresses more details emerged but all in all i think she loved every minute!

first time I held her

first day of Kindergarten

Tomorrows carefully planned ensemble has been laid out complete with tennis shoes for PE! I will drop her off curbside and that will be a little more nervous for mommy but one day at a time! A friend told me today "don't cry because its over, smile because it happened". So today i celebrate the five years at home i had with my Lexi girl and and look forward to the journey we will share together thru her school years.

Father thank you for my beautiful daughter. Thank you for sharing her with me during her time here and trusting me to teach her about you. Please teach me to trust you thru her each day and watch over her as she goes to school each day. In your AWESOME name i pray-- Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment