Teach me your ways, OH LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I will fear your name.

Psalm 86:11

I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white in age. I made you, and I will care for you. I willI will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4




Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.... Psalm 127:5


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6




Tuesday, August 16, 2011

such strong words

"I HATE MORNINGS"

" SUNRISE? WHATS THAT?" ( i bought a a candle from Yankee Candle that smells like early sunrise :)

Did your mom ever tell you that "hate" was a strong word?

If you know anything about me, you know that I am not frequently up before 9.

Then enter school. We get up (Joel, me and Logan) about 6:30. Yep, that's right i said i get out of my bed at 6:30! I have also grown to LOVE it! I get a few minutes with my husband that we can run thru the day-after he has showered and becomes coherent- and he talks to the baby(who is in the excer saucer in the bathroom) while he showers. Typically i can over hear their "conversation" while i am in the kitchen making Lexi's lunch. Then he quietly tip-toes upstairs to wake sleeping beauty up and brings her down to get dressed.

Laying on the couch are four outfits. Eight shoes sit neatly with socks tucked in side beside the couch, ready for our early day. A hot pink mesh back pack hangs packed by the back door ready to go.

Enjoying the alarm clock sounding? Well i wont go that far but i have recently been awakened earlier than the alarm. The best sound I hear all day? My two girls learning our weekly bible verse and praying for each other on the way to school.

This week we are learning "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

I learned that as a child so i may have combined a few versions in my head. Either way it is something now stored in the precious hearts of my children. Would i have pictured my self a stay at home mom, driving to school every morning? Not really. I wanted to have a career, and wear heels everyday. God had different plans. Different. Very talkative. Energetic. Even a red-head. Plans.

Hate is a strong word. I always claimed to hate mornings, but i hadn't really ever been consistent enough with trying them to know.

Trusting Him with all my heart and leaning not on my understanding? Well it isn't wearing a suit and carrying a pretty brief case. Seems Trusting Him with all my heart has led me to place i would have chosen. The growth we have experienced as a family in the last nine days has been more than I could have ever understood. So now i want to publicly Acknowledge Him and give Him all the glory for the amazing things He has done in our lives.

Avid GPS user is laughingly what I am. Getting lost is what i do. But somehow no matter how far i would wander on my own... He shall direct my paths.

Now those are strong words.

No comments:

Post a Comment