Teach me your ways, OH LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I will fear your name.

Psalm 86:11

I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white in age. I made you, and I will care for you. I willI will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4




Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.... Psalm 127:5


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, August 29, 2011

Whoa!

We do a devotion from a great kids & family devotional each night, and I just had to share tonight's. They are dated in the book so i didn't just pick it out at random.


" I know that you have a lot to do today. Instead of just jumping in, I want you to try something different: Wait before you work.

Put aside all the things you have to do and refuse to worry about what time it is. Don't even look at the clock. By waiting with me before you start your day, you are saying that you trust Me to be in complete control.  This simple act of faith is noticed in Heaven--with Joy. And powers of darkness are weakened by your trusting attitude. Then when it is time to start working, I will show you which way to go.

Depend on Me to help you decide what really needs to be done today, so you can save time by doing only the important things. This way, you can do less but get more of the important things done-- by waiting before working."

Taken from JESUS CALLING(365 devotions for kids) written by Sarah Young

italics were written this way not added by me. God is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment