Teach me your ways, OH LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I will fear your name.

Psalm 86:11

I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white in age. I made you, and I will care for you. I willI will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4




Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.... Psalm 127:5


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, May 23, 2011

Driving with Dad

The few days after the wedding the kids and I stayed to hang out with "Poppy". He tutors students for ACT,SAT,MCAT, and LSAT. So this means he goes to them and prepares them where its most convenient. For us this meant we rode with him 1.5 hours each way to a tiny town where he studies with kids in a private academy.

What turned out was we played on several different play grounds, parks and the one fast food restaurant's play place. Although we were "driving again" as Lexi quickly pointed out, we stretched our legs quite a bit each day. We came home with Sun-kissed cheeks and BLACK FEET! There were sand boxes and jungle gyms like i hadn't seen since i was a kid.

Tiny towns in the south offer enough "southern comfort" to calm your spirit.

In the last year I have complained and been gone from my town as much as I could. And here, these people drive to neighboring towns to get the bare essentials, and farm for their livings.

They sew seeds in the ground and trust the God will provide rain. In turn believing that what He gives them should be shared until they have nothing left to share.The Lord has humbled mt spirit here. He has shown me how ungrateful for my blessings i come across to those watching to see how i handle my amazing gifts. He put us where we are. He GAVE us this house. He GAVE us this job. HE HAS BEEN IN THE WHOLE THING. Any one looking in from the outside wouldn't see that... they would see my tantrums.

Nothing like a farming community to see God in a real way. To watch the physical growth in just the three days on the corn stalks and watch the sun flowers move with the sun-- is being immersed in His presence, and His provisions. Thank you Father for teaching me daily.

1 comment:

  1. Continue to rely on Him as your source of comfort and foundation and He will continue to bless you tremendously. <3 you!! Sometimes it's just so hard for us to be still and listen for the whisper.

    ReplyDelete