Teach me your ways, OH LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I will fear your name.

Psalm 86:11

I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white in age. I made you, and I will care for you. I willI will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4




Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.... Psalm 127:5


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6




Sunday, May 29, 2011

Full Tank

For a very long time I believed that My "love language" was gifts, and until my cousin pointed out that my daughter's "love language" was quality time, did i reassess my own. I do believe it is "quality time". I have mentioned this year has been a busy one for Joel so I have been going quite a bit. Well we have been home a full week and weekend now, that didn't involve anything major. We just were still. Having a family of six makes even grocery shopping a production, so just staying home and entertaining each other was really nice.

My daughters needed time with Joel more than we knew. They begged tearfully to just go get the pizza's with him yesterday. So after church today we came home and just sat around and watched TV, wrapped up in each others arms. Then we headed off to a small group barbecue with our new church small group. A blow up water slide and other kids to play with completed the day with many giggly kiddos. After a quick trip the grocery store, we came home and the kids fell right to sleep. Sitting in the quiet i am realizing that my "quality time tank" is brimming. I am so pleased for my girls and little Luke for the time they tucked away with their daddy today. Looking forward to a lazy day at the pool and putting away laundry tomorrow. We have a movie night scheduled after dinner tomorrow.... with this many of us going to the movies is super expensive. So we put our coziest jammies on, pop popcorn, sit in our favorite spots to snuggle and soak each other in. All of this is just a few more drops in the tank...

No comments:

Post a Comment