Teach me your ways, OH LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I will fear your name.

Psalm 86:11

I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white in age. I made you, and I will care for you. I willI will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4




Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.... Psalm 127:5


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, May 9, 2011

Kinder Registration? Really?

Today I registered the oldest for Kindergarten. After such a whirlwind weekend, followed but what promises to be a packed summer it was today or... the day school starts. I wasn't at all prepared for the emotions i would feel today. No, I didn't cry, but the mix of frustration with the process and shock that i was standing in a school that one of my kids would soon be attending almost overtook me. Admittedly i had all FOUR of my kids in tow and this swarm of emotions at the same time so that probably made it seem much bigger in my own mind!

After all of this I called my mom and begged her to come up to sit with my kids while I attended the "informative orientation", hoping that afterwards i would feel FULL of information and confident. Well although I took a pad and pencil to take notes (its okay to laugh at me), I fell no more comfortable with the whole idea of sending my baby-i swear she was born yesterday-to school.

Today as a whole was one of those out of the ordinary "easy" days. All three walking kids played outside for hours after the school errand was completed and the baby played quietly as i picked up etc inside. Of course MOST days are not like this. Days are busy with fussing over toys, tantrums, and complaining, but today was a day to rediscover our very own backyard. A week inside a hotel room will make any kid anxious to rip and run...it is three times better when there is someone to play with outside! My desire to put off the "going off to school" would be less pressing if today had been horrendous!

All of that said: she is beaming with excitement...wants to pick out her outfit for her first day, can't wait to meet her friends, wonders what her teacher will be like.... meanwhile I'm tugging on her skirt hoping she will slow down, maybe miss me a little while she is away. Chances are none of that will happen. She will gleefully wave goodbye and she skips into her class.

Thank You Father for the Amazing gift of my sweet girl. I have been so blessed to spend five years at home enjoying every minute of her. Thank You and may You lead us as we soak in what is left of summer and prepared what lies ahead next year. -- Amen

1 comment:

  1. I remember Hannah's 1st day like it was yesterday. The first day outfit is so important! <3 that dress she wore.

    You're doing great, Momma! Just keep doing what you're doing, and God will take care of the rest!

    ReplyDelete