Teach me your ways, OH LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I will fear your name.

Psalm 86:11

I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white in age. I made you, and I will care for you. I willI will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4




Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.... Psalm 127:5


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, May 23, 2011

Gone Too Long

I have been away from my computer about a week, so while I was gone I began jotting things down i wanted to share.

Luke started throwing up half way to my dad's--about an eight hour drive. Any of you that have tried to clean a car seat at a gas station mid-trip know what I am talking about. Thankfully I carry a (hot pink) thermometer in my purse so I quickly realized he had a HIGH fever and I was in for a LONG car ride!

We met my sister two hours later (she was also on her way to my dad's) and it was a great help to potty one more time! The girls loaded up in Aunt Katie's car and we were off.

Having the boys in my car asleep it gave me some time to think. I claim openly that I am not happy in Savannah, But i came to the conclusion that it isn't ALL the city. A great deal of my frustration is that due to Joel's schedule, we spend very little time together.

I know most of you are saying, four kids in five years, clearly you spend PLENTY of time together! Four kids this close together in age means non-stop redirection and constant supervision. With dinner, baths, prayers, story time and many goodnight kisses there isn't a ton of time for quiet conversation.

So, lost in the quiet moments of my car that night, I decided to focus on finding those moments. My mom is close enough now to come give us "date nights", and I greatly appreciate those. However, staying home is it my responsibility to restructure our day to create and preserve these special moments with my beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment