Teach me your ways, OH LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I will fear your name.

Psalm 86:11

I will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair is white in age. I made you, and I will care for you. I willI will be your God throughout your lifetime until your hair carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4




Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.... Psalm 127:5


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6




Thursday, May 12, 2011

Gone with the Wind

The last two months, as I have mentioned, we have been on the go! We have visited Ohio (Aunt Katie and her Crew), Alabama (poppy's house), Houston, Texas (Joel's dad and Grandma) , New Orleans, and this weekend is no exception!

We are heading out to my dads Saturday morning after soccer. The purpose of our trip is to go to a wedding on Sunday, but we will stay a few days to play with "Poppy". My sister is coming to the wedding as well, so i am really excited!

What i have realized most about this last few months is how fast they have passed by. I know the saying is "time flies when you are having fun" but it REALLY does. It really hit me during Kinder registration-you know how i felt about that! As i flipped through the events already planned for the summer, it seems we will be going almost non-stop. I am so excited to share these experiences with my kids but I feel like the time is slipping through my fingers! The thought of adventures next year-local of course- not including Lexi is crazy to me! I scroll through the last five years in my head and can't wrap my mind around all that we have squeezed in. This morning I snuck over and just held Logan a few minutes. I will never have a little baby again... and my "little baby" starts kindergarten in just 2 Months!

I commented to someone at M.O.P.S. tuesday that Logan doesn't get held a ton, well because he is #4. And i would like to correct that a little. I nurse him, so that is time with him i get consistantly, and when Joel comes home he dances around the kitchen, rocks, and whatever else with Logan in his arms. While we were on vacation it hit Joel HARD that Luke wakes up every morning and says "daddy, work?". He realized in a big way these moments happen so fast and then are gone.

Watching the kids speed around the perimiter of the house yesterday with the wind whipping their hair around put it into perfect perspecitve. These playful summer days with the 5 of us are soon going to be gone... gone with the wind...

This is Lexi in NICU

Lexi at FIVE!!

1 comment:

  1. these moments do fly by, but each stage is so fun
    enjoy each moment like it is the last and try not to focus on the past or the future - just right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete